Three things Thursday!
How are your mornings?
Morning time is the quickest couple of hours a day for me. How about y'all? Gone in a blink and all I have left is a cold cup of coffee. Well, I have been trying hard to prepare the night before so my morning go a little smoother. Here are some tips to lessen that AM struggle.
1) Do your 10 minute night time sweep.
I know that I've mentioned this on the blog before, but if you have a home for everything, and store like with like, then it should take you no time to put things away at the end of the day. Do a sweep of your home before bedtime and out everything away and out of sight. You'll wake up to a clean home and a clean slate and be ready to start your day!
2) MAKE YOUR BED.
Like Mama said, MAKE YOUR BED. This few minute routine makes your room look immediately tidy and will welcome you back home at the end of the day.
Author Charles Duhigg calls it a "keystone habit" in his bestseller, "The Power of Habit": "Making your bed every morning is correlated with better productivity, a greater sense of well-being, and stronger skills at sticking with a budget."
Also those who make their bed in the morning are up to 206.8 percent more likely to be millionaires. Just sayin'.
3) Think about the things that trip you up in the morning, now see if you can do them the night before.
Here are some thing I (try) to do in the PM so I can enjoy my AM.
• Make the kids' lunches
• Pick out the kids' clothes and put them in a central location
• Set the coffee to brew without me
• Pack your car for your day
• Have your work bag or cleaned out and ready to go
• Review your calendar for the next day so you can mentally prepare (and pack if necessary) for your day ahead